One of the greatest pride of most parents is seeing their children finish college. You probably know how exciting it is to finally walk down the aisle going to the stage to be congratulated by your dean and some of your mentors back in college. Your child is about to experience just that! For your child, it’s going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience they’ll never forget since they worked too hard to get that far.
And as a proud parent, you want to give your child the best gift you could ever offer. Maybe you’re thinking about buying them a new watch, phone, laptop, or anything they can use once they step into the real world. But do you know what the most helpful thing for most professionals is? A car.
A brand new car is the best graduation gift for college graduates as they can use it to prepare themselves for the careers they want to build. Besides, a car helps them have a significant support system as they launch into the corporate world. If you’re planning to buy your child a car as a graduation gift, here’s everything you need to know before doing so.
What makes a car the best graduation gift ever?
While it seems like a car is too much of a gift but bear in mind that you’re giving it for an exceptional reason. At the moment, your child has spent most of their life in school, from kindergarten to college, they made sure that they’ll reach the end of the line and get the final diploma. So rewarding your child with something a bit “extra” is worth it.
Indeed, there are many other ways to make your child know how proud you are of them finishing college. You can give them cash, take them on vacation in Paris, or rent a yacht for them with boat maintenance services on standby. But as mentioned, a car can be a great help for them to accomplish their aspirations.
For starters, if you give them cash, they will use it on their daily expenses. In short, there will be nothing left to remember by the present you gave. On the other hand, experience gifts won’t be of any help at all to start their adult lives.
Here’s why a car is a great graduation gift:
- Your child won’t need to buy a second-hand vehicle that will likely break down in about two years.
- You have the chance to choose a car that will help your child save on gas and maintenance expenses.
- Since you are giving them a brand new car, you’re saving your new graduate from the costs of repairs.
In addition, a car will give your child the mobility they need in searching for a job, attending seminars, or running their own business. A car is an ideal gift if you want to give your child a better chance at building a career they’ve been dreaming of. Plus, it’s a great way to teach them responsibility.
And what’s the best part about giving your new graduate a car as a gift? Even as their lives become busier, they’ll have no excuse to get out of visiting!
Factors to consider
Before you shop for a car, here are a few things you need to consider:
- How much are you willing to spend? Will your child have the resources to maintain the car? Your financial standing is the number one factor you need to consider when buying a car for your child. Can your child provide for the needs of the vehicle? If not, will you be willing to support them until they can?
- What is the safest car for your child to drive? As a parent, you want to ensure that your child is safe all the time, even when they are driving. If safety is your number one priority, giving them an SUV can be a better option than sedan types.
- What are the preferences of your child? You might have a few things in mind about what car to buy for your child, but remember, it’s still a gift, and a gift should be something they would like. Apart from your preferences, you also need to consider what your child wants.
In conclusion, giving your child a car as a graduation gift is the best idea ever. Every car lover would tell you the same thing. So go on and hunt for the most suitable car for your child before they march on their graduation day!